Meeting Minutes – Monday, October 3, 2005
Taken by Candice Helsing, Secretary
• Meeting was called to order at 2:01 p.m. by president, Marie VanKommer
• Officers were voted:
o President: Marie VonKommer
o Vice President: Gwen Pollock
o Treasurer: Allison Harvey
o Historian: Shannon Sheehan
o Secretary: Candice Helsing
o Staff Advisor: Dr. G.B. Bazemore
• It was decided that the club will be studying the Latin language and Dr. Bazemore has recommended the following books:
o Allen and Greenough’s New Latin Grammar.
Edited by J.B. Greenough, A.A. Howard, G.L. Kittredge, B.L. D’ooge and Updated for Focus Edition by Anne Mahoney
o Price is around $35
o Wheelock’s Latin: 6th Edition, Revised.
By Frederic M. Wheelock and Revised by Richard A. LaFleur
o Price is around $25
o A Comprehensive Guide to Wheelock’s Latin.
By Dale A. Grote
o Price is around $29
• All of these books can be found via Borders – some are in store, some need to be ordered – in which case, they ought to arrive within seven days. They can also be ordered online through sites such as Amazon.com, Barnes and Noble, and Borders online. Ebay is another possibility as well.
• It was decided that on November 12th, 2005, the club will meet for dinner at the Whitehouse restaurant in Post Falls, Idaho – approximately forty-five minutes from Cheney. It was decided that we would meet around five and the option of car pooling was discussed.
o Upon the next meeting, the secretary, Candice Helsing, will bring in copies of the menu and we will finalize plans in order for her to make reservations of sorts.
o We will also need to discuss central meeting places for car pooling, and we also need drivers to volunteer.
• It was also decided that the club will be having a Saturnalias party for winter quarter, as well as a Roman Dinner in the spring. Plans will be finalized as the time for these events at a later time.
• Volunteers to attend the Clubs and Orgs. meetings are also needed – they are every third Wednesday at around 2:00 pm in the PUB. The next meeting is on Wednesday, October 19, 2005 at 2:00.
• As our club has a blog on livejournal.com, some guidelines in regards to decorum and conduct were discussed. Participants were asked to basically use common sense when posting something on the site (i.e. no tawdry tales of debauchery and/or illegal activities) as it will be moderated and the entire club held accountable.
• President Marie VanKommer will be e-mailing the club constitution to members, so if anyone would like to receive it, please give your e-mail address to one of the officers. If there are any questions, please use e-mail below:
o Marie, President: email@example.com
• It was also decided that the club would be putting an ad in the Focus to advertise the meetings.
• The form regarding the Classics Club budget was filled out and signed, as was the club registration form
• President, Marie, adjourned the meeting at 2:55 p.m.
Respectfully submitted by Candice Helsing, Secretary.